On this episode, I chat with Republican Candidate Janell Proctor who is running for California State Assembly District 14 against Tim Grayson. We get into her priorities which include repeal of AB5, repealing the gas tax and making California more business friendly.
- 00:45 – introduction
- 01:45 – Janell shares why she is running for State Assembly District 14 against Assemblyman Tim Grayson (City of of Concord, City of Walnut Creek, City of Martinez, City of Pleasant Hill, etc).
- 04:00 – Janell talks about women in politics and how its changed and we get into the Assemblywoman Buffy Wicks situation where she was not allowed a proxy vote.
- 06:15 – Janell explains how Assembly Bill 5 is a top priority and why.
- 09:38 – Janell also wants to repeal the gas tax (Prop 6)
- 11:40 – She further highlights the need for California Lawmakers to simplify ballot propositions and bills so they are more easily understandable.
- 13:00 – We talk about COVID-19 and we get into healthcare with people not being punished for pre-existing system or cancer. We also get into H1N1.
- 19:30 – We get into the state providing forbearance and rent forgiveness/protections.
- 21:40 – We get into affordable housing and Assemblyman Tim Grayson continues to push it. We also get into homeless and solutions on homelessness.
- 31:15 – We get into fire service statewide with all the fires and the need for better planning and updating our infrastructure.
- 34:50 – we get into Janell’s past as she was once a ballerina.
- 35:53 – We get into law enforcement and where she is at with the national rhetoric. She also talks about her ride along with the Pittsburg Police Department. She also shares her experience with Concord Police Department with an incident on her street involving Black Lives Matter. She talks about reallocating funds from education to fund social workers and education into society. We also get into how Tim Grayson is supporting and pushing bills that do not support law enforcement. We also get into Prop 47.
- 50:10 – We get into how we can make California more business friendly.
- 52:17 – Janell talks again about AB 5 and the negative impacts its having.
- 53:00 – Janell talks about how one of her goals is to find more ways to support Veterans.
- 57:40 – Janell highlights why voter should support her and how you can get in touch with her.
For more information on Janell Proctor, visit her at: www.proctor4assembly.com
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email email@example.com and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.