WALNUT CREEK, Calif. – AAA Northern California’s auto policy customers will receive premium refunds reflecting fewer claims as a result of people driving less due to widespread stay-at-home orders. Refunds totaling $100 million will benefit insurance customers at AAA Northern California and other AAA clubs that partner with CSAA Insurance Group.
“AAA members have trusted our organization to do the right thing for more than 100 years,” said Tim Condon, President and CEO of AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah. “With many facing financial hardship during these challenging times, this refund is a natural step in serving our members when they need it most.”
Customers with an active policy as of April 30 will receive a 20% refund for two months of auto premiums (refunds are available everywhere, except where prohibited by law). Customers do not need to take any action to receive their refund, and they can expect to receive it by May 31. The refund program will continue to be evaluated based on the length of shelter-in-place orders.
- Policies paid in installments will receive a credit on their next bill.
- Policies that renew in May will receive a credit on the renewal bill.
- Policies paid in full will receive the refund via the method in which the last payment was made (check, credit card, or electronic funds transfer). Policies paid in full with cash will receive a refund via mailed check.
All AAA Northern California branch offices remain closed at this time to protect the health and safety of our members and employees. If members need assistance they can call AAA Member Services at (800)922-8228.
In addition, the following considerations are being made for AAA Northern California auto insurance customers:
- Insurance Specialists are available to offer and explain flexible payment options: 800.207.3618, Monday through Friday 4 AM to 11 PM PT and Saturday and Sunday 4 AM to 7 PM PT.
- All cancellations for home and auto policies due to non-payment will be paused through May 31 (subject to state-specific guidelines/requirements, which vary by state).
- In support of customers who are on the front line delivering critical items, auto insurance coverage is extended – at no additional cost – for drivers who are using their personal vehicles to deliver food and medicine. This change is currently scheduled to be in effect through May 4, and will be evaluated as the situation progresses.
- AAA Northern California insurance customers can access the online MyPolicy tool to print insurance ID cards, set up and manage payment scheduling, and add or remove drivers and vehicles (not available for all transactions and policies).
About AAA Northern California
AAA has a proud history of serving Members for over 100 years. AAA is on a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of 4,000 employees representing 6 million Members across Northern California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming and Alaska. In addition to legendary roadside assistance, AAA offers home, auto and life insurance, and extraordinary travel services. According to Via Magazine’s Smart Guide, being a AAA Member can save you more than $1,200 a year. Learn more at AAA.com.