On this episode, I chat with Claryssa Wilson, 18 of Antioch, who is hosting her 7th Annual Stuff the Bus School Supply Giveaway on August 3 at the Somersville Towne Center Mall in the City of Antioch.
We not only talk about the growth of her school supply giveaway event, but we talk about the need being great in Antioch, we get into bullying, collaboration and how that is needed at a local level, time management and some of Wilson’s accomplishments.
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- 01:45 – Some background on Claryssa Wilson and what she accomplished in High School, community service and why it has been a big part of her life.
- 04:05 – Stuff the Bus was kicked off based on another student simply needing a pencil, now the Golden State Warriors and other foundations are donating supplies. We discuss the growth of the event and the unfortunate need in the community.
- 10:00 – Wilson talks about naysayers, trying to stay above negativity being said. Most of the naysayers were adults and bullies. We get into how people should become more united vs. competing with more collaboration.
- 14:00 – Wilson talks about her family low point, being homeless, being bullied and how she overcame that. She talks about self-esteem and confidence issues. She wanted to mentor and help younger youth build their self-esteem.
- 17:45 – Headed to San Diego for college, what she hopes to achieve in college and after. She highlights her goals.
- 18:32 – What Wilson believes makes a good leader.
- 20:20 – Wilson talks about she had many college offers and scholarships. She had more than 30 offers because she worked on academics as her way out to college.
- 22:00 – Wilson talks time management. Importance of “saying no” to certain things.
- 25:00 – Wilson talks about depression and anxiety.
- 26:38 – I ask Wilson if she had any regrets.
- 28:20 – Wilson plugs the Saturday event and what the future of the School Giveaway Stuff the Bus Program
ANNUAL STUFF THE BUS SCHOOL SUPPLY GIVEAWAY FREE SCHOOL SUPPLIES
School Supplies are a Necessity not a Want
Antioch, CA— FREE SCHOOL SUPPLIES — Claryssa Wilson, 18 will host her 7th ANNUAL STUFF THE BUS SCHOOL SUPPLY GIVEAWAY on Saturday, August 3, 2019. This event will enable students in Antioch and the surrounding communities an opportunity to shop for FREE school supplies at Somersville Towne Center in Antioch from
10:00am -2pm on Saturday, August 3rd. Several students will receive a Signature WARRIORS BACKPACK donated by the 2017 & 2018 NBA Champions Golden State Warriors in addition to some other Warrior fan favorites including MALLWIDE BACK 2 SCHOOL DISCOUNTS. Last year Claryssa served thousands of students and then year has received support from Adonal Foyle in addition to the Warriors.
“No student should not be successful due to a lack of needed school supplies,” said Claryssa, Creator and Host of the ANNUAL STUFF THE BUS SCHOOL SUPPLY GIVEAWAY.
Many students have already benefited from FREE SCHOOL SUPPLIES, students will come to school better prepared and ready to learn with FREE SCHOOL SUPPLIES from pencils and pens to calculators, notebooks and paper. FREE SCHOOL SUPPLIES will enable students to come to school better prepared and ready to learn with no excuse of not having adequate school supplies.
Claryssa created this program in her 7th grade year and now she is headed to College and still giving back to her community with the ANNUAL STUFF THE BUS SCHOOL SUPPLY
GIVEAWAY because she had peers that were disruptive in class because they did not have the basics like a pen, paper or notebook. Some of the students she noted came from low income homes like herself and she just had to do something to help. As this is her first year in College she vows to continue the program and prepare the students in her mentoring groups at the Elementary and Middle schools to take the lead. She firmly believes in training our youth to be future leaders.
To Donate FREE SCHOOL SUPPLIES : Somersville Towne Center, 2550 Somersville Rd. Antioch, CA