On this episode, I chat with country musician Toree McGee who is dropping a new single on March 22 called “Lipstick” which is a country-rock tune. She shares how Lipstick, as well as her upcoming album, is about female empowerment. We get into her singing the National Anthem at San Jose Sharks games, talks about her being a real estate agent to help fund her music projects. She shares how she has grown as a musician and how she overcomes negativity and how she doesn’t let it impact her.
Do us a favor and subscribe on iTunes & Google Play and never miss an episode. In the meantime, listen to the podcast on iTunes & Google Play.
- 00:35 – Toree McGee drops new single “lipstick” on Friday March 22
- 02:53 – McGee shares this is a female empowerment album
- 06:01 – What is a timeline to put out a full album?
- 06:50 – Toree shares what full albums recently released excite her
- 08:47 – Any songs that Toree doesn’t like playing that always seem to be requested?
- 10:50 – On George Straights new song about Law Enforcement and the badge.
- 11:30 – Toree talks about singing National Anthem for San Jose Sharks
- 15:21 – Why Toree became a real estate agent to help fund her music career.
- 18:11 – Toree talks about her first home sale.
- 19:10 – Does Toree ever blast her vocals in an empty house for acoustics?
- 20:20 – Toree on her trip to Michigan & Ohio to promote her new single. What was the feedback from the Midwest.
- 23:17 – Toree on her “Disneyland” personality
- 26:17 – How was the Midwest different than California in terms of radio stations.
- 28:22 – Her single “Amen” and hearing it on the radio, Toree explains how she has grown since being on the radio for the first time. Explains how she wants to know her fans and people who show up to her shows.
- 33:01 – making transition from being nervous on stage to not worry about what people thought to making the audience feel engaged. How does she let negativity go?
- 35:15 – Is the album theme Empowering Woman more important than ever, especially in County Music, and stop worrying about what other people think.
- 37:29 – What was the biggest thing Toree learned when writing this album and how did she challenge herself?
- 40:00 – Toree shares her upcoming shows and talk a little wine from the Livermore Valley.
- 43:25 – Plug on the new single being released Thursday night and how people can support Toree.
For more information on Toree McGee, visit her at: www.toreemcgee.com