On this episode, I chat with Bay Area Rapid Transit Director Debora Allen about a variety of issues facing the transit agency across the San Francisco Bay Area.
Overview of the interview:
- 00:01 – Introduction
- 02:10 – Speaking about Contra Costa Director Dynamic vs. Urban Directors and 2-7 votes in Contra Costa County. Contra Costa riders take longer trips so they pay more.
- 03:03 – Antioch eBART Parking – 800 more spots coming. Credits former Director Joel Keller fighting for it.
- 04:04 – Allen explains the Livermore BART expansion – potential of Antioch to Brentwood to Livermore expansion.
- 08:10 – possibility of even more parking in Antioch. Highlights BARTs urban directors not in favor of adding more parking to the system. Replacement parking altered by Assemblyman Tim Grayson’s bill.
- 12:17 – Impact of Tim Grayson’s AB-2923 and realities based on the bill on BART owned property. One example of what is happening in City of Concord and the parking replacement with development. Concept is people using BART will live in high-density housing and take public transit to BART.
- 15:35 – AB-2923’s height requirement, can match skyline + 1 story higher. Impact of bill on City of Concord, City of Pittsburg and City of Antioch. Also impact to Livermore due to this requirement of high density housing.
- 20:18 – Allen on working towards creating a better BART experience such as cleanliness and safety.
If you would like to be a guest on a future show, email firstname.lastname@example.org