On this episode, I talk with Elaine Clark (CEO) and Susannah Meyer of Meals on Wheels and Senior Outreach Services of Contra Costa County.
They help seniors remain independent and healthy for as long as possible and provide services such as meals on wheels. They also perform fall prevention services, hang out with seniors through the friendly visitor program, and work with seniors individually to find services.
- 02:48 – Susannah Meyer explains how she got involved with the organization.
- 03:55 – Susannah Meyer explains the Friendly Visitor Program and what is done in the hour visit.
- 04:45 – How does volunteering with the organization happen. There is a background check and DMV check.
- 05:40 – Elaine Clark shares their service area and some of their recent milestones. How can are collaborating with other organizations.
- 08:10 – Highlight how they provide more than 750 meals per day to seniors in their program, yet the need continues to grow.
- 10:00 – Elaine Clark gives a shout out to some of the community partners.
- 11:45 – Highlight a ride-a-long day for March For Meals for week of March 19 to give dignitary folks a chance to ride along to experience the program.
- 13:00 – Challenges in East Contra Costa County with aging population
- 15:45 – How the program is funded.
- 16:50 – Highlight 50th Anniversary Gala which will be held at the Blackhawk Museum 17:50 – Highlight the needs for volunteers, how one can become a volunteer
To purchase tickets for the Gala, https://mowsos.org/news-events/gala/
For more information, visit https://mowsos.org/